The Behemoth 15 PSI Barrel Sterilizer is born out of the innate need for mushroom growers to spend less time on labor and increase efficiency across the entire grow. At Humble Fungus we run our barrel 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and it saves us an immense amount of time and effort. The Behemoth Barrel Sterilizer produces cook times and temperatures that are competitive with commercial autoclaves and pressure cookers, for thousands of dollars less than other sterilizers on the market.
Please allow 6-8 weeks for assembly and delivery. Due to the international COVID-19 pandemic, some parts may experience longer than usual shipping time.
- Capable of running at 15PSI pressure (240F/115C) with a self-installable 15PSI auto-bleed valve
- Capable of holding 250lbs of substrate per run (50, 5lbs blocks)
- Pre-assembled and portable PID controller with 3 prong connector, capable of 11000f
- 120v power connector, ran on a 20 amp circuit
- 30 PSI liquid-filled pressure gauge
- 3/4" hose with a pressure gauge flow valve
- 3/4" quick-connect hose adapter
- 1.5" to 2" Outer Body Insulation
- Reinforced locking steel ring lid
- 304 stainless steel barrel with lid
- 4 Castor Wheel Drum Dolly
- Stainless steel float valve
- Stainless steel trivet
WARNING: THIS IS NOT A CERTIFIED PRESSURE-HOLDING VESSEL. HUMBLE FUNGUS IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE USE OF THIS EQUIPMENT OUTSIDE OF ITS INSTRUCTED USE OR INTENDED MANOR.
Set Up: Assembly is easy. Once your barrel is unpacked, connect to power supply. Fill the barrel with the recommended amount of water. Place desired contents in barrel, close and seal lid. Set to desired time and temperature.
Contact email@example.com for freight shipping quotes!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are these boilers/steamers? Yes, per California Labor Code and ASME definitions, linked below, this is a boiler/steamer and not a high pressure device.
- Does this require certification (ASME, other)? No - per California and federal regulations, any boiler/steamer not exceeding 15psi does not require certification. The barrel is a low pressure sterilizer.
- Are these safe without ASME stamping?
- Yes! These barrels are designed to withstand 60 PSI+ and are tested fully to failure points prior to shipping.
- ASME stamping significantly increases the cost - just getting certification alone would increase the price by 10x or more.
- Do I need a permit to house and operate?
- No, per California and federal. code: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=LAB§ionNum=7624.
- Each Barrel is stressed tested for 24 hours at pressure and temperature as part of our quality control measures.